The mission of the Boston Renaissance Charter Public School is to nurture and develop academic, social and emotional competence while building confidence, character and citizenship among its students.
To achieve this mission we structure our staffing, instruction, enrichment – our entire school – around a set of core beliefs:
- We believe children grow and learn best in environments where they feel loved and connected to caring adults.
- We believe the purpose of education is to provide children with the knowledge, skills, and vital personal attributes needed for success in a complex and changing world.
- We believe all children have the ability to achieve at the highest levels when challenged and held to high expectations, academically and socially.
- We believe educators have a responsibility to work collaboratively, with students’ well-being and growth always as the highest priority.
- We believe teachers have the capacity to be leaders and the responsibility to be self-reflective learners, to continually advance their practice.
- We believe, to truly flourish and thrive, urban students must be allowed to see beyond the horizon of their surroundings, must be inspired to greatness and taught to believe there is no dream or goal in this world beyond their reach.
In line with these beliefs, the Boston Renaissance Charter Public School’s vision is to be an excellent public educational choice for families and a strong community member and education leader in the City of Boston. Boston Renaissance students will be nurtured by caring and skilled professionals, exposed to a rigorous academic curriculum, enriched by a variety of art forms, taught to embrace diverse cultures, and developed to become productive citizens in the 21st Century global community.
Our Core Values
The Boston Renaissance promotes a set of six Core Values we call the “Successful Six” that we encourage in our students and include in our curriculum. They are:
Focusing on a different Core Value each month throughout the school year, students reflect on the meaning of the words and make connections to their own experiences, in and out of school. By incorporating these concepts into students’ everyday experiences at school and creating learning activities tied to each one, we help students internalize the values and grow as scholars and citizens.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement
At Boston Renaissance Charter Public School, we are committed to cultivating a culture that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive. We vow to work tirelessly and continuously to create an anti-racist school that educates the whole child. BRCPS aims to celebrate and advocate for acceptance, respect of all differences of the members of our community while maintaining the high standards of teaching and learning. As we advance this work considering the safety and freedom of our community, we will continue to audit our systems to address biases and work collaboratively to disrupt and subvert all areas of inequities. Our objective is to construct and preserve an environment that embraces all members of our community regardless of cultural background, learning differences, race, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic status, and religion.